Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Belonging or not belonging

One of the things we often is hear is "those who cant do teach" which isnt actually true. My first degree was a double degree in journalism and english . In this case I could "do" I had articles published in several magazines and I got HD's in all my classes.The problem was when I finished my first degree I realised I hated journalism. Sure I love reading fashion magazines but seriously do you have any idea how messed up it is working in an eviroment with superficial glamozons who spend their days judging celebrities on their choice of boot colour? to literally see people rip apart someones relationship for entertainment *cough*that twilight couple *cough* During my internship at an unnamed womens magazine I was sent out to photograph girls and interview them about issues. I was told when returning however that the girls I had photographed were too "ugly" so horrified I decided journalism wasnt for me. I am not Ugly Betty campaigning for differences, I am a teacher.
This is where I am right now and I'm not a naturally "gifted" teacher like I was in journalism. I'm not getting the high marks and everything is much harder, but is it worth it? actually it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment