Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Do you have faith in god above?

I find that Rufus said it best in Dogma " It's more important to have ideas then belief" when it comes to organised religion.
One of the things I've noticed especially in nerd world is you can fall into two categories, you either believe in a religion or your a hardcore athiest who believes the world is pointless.
There is no middle ground! I've always believed as Georgia Lass said in Dead Like Me that I have to trust that the universe will take care of me and that everything will happen for a reason. My perception of god isn't a religious idea which is either a old man, a blue man, a fat man or in one case a woman with flowers in her hair.
I believe that god is the force that makes the universe well alive, that god is in everything and connects everything and that it will make sure everything happens for a reason.
Life isn't fair, but think about it this way if life really WERE fair then wouldn't it be horrible knowing that bad things happen to us because we deserve them?
We may think that something is terrible right now but we have to trust its for the best in the future.
For example my breakup at the beginning of the month, at first I was devestated but then I realised it had to happen.
The universe knew that I didn't want all my options such as marrige/kids/pets taken away from me so it knew I had to be set free.
Sometimes when we get sick or when someone dies it's hard to see it this way but the only reason why life has value is because we know like River Song said on Doctor Who that everything dies.
But as it's shown on Doctor Who death is not "the end" rather just an evolution to a new stage of existance (such as Astrid turning into stardust or River Song turning into a computer file).

No comments:

Post a Comment